Wednesday 9 March 2016

New Shoes, Get Started: Get Moving with Melanie Morrison


This dynamic workshop merging both creative choreography and dance routines really had the crowd going. This was the first time Melanie had worked with New Shoes and it looks like she won the young people over, they said “I liked how enthusiastic Melanie was, she was a great tutor” and “she made us feel really comfortable.”



One young person, Saba, said that the workshop was challenging but fun and “the dance workshop, with the help of Melanie, allowed me to challenge myself by dancing in front of other people.”

“It was good because I got to try something new and get involved even though I am rubbish at dancing and I could still participate at my own level”

“I would never usually do something like this and it has definitely brought out some skills that I didn’t know I had”




Many members of the group commented that the activities set out in the workshop got them working together as a team, building trust and supporting each other which are skills that they can apply to everyday life as well.

A member of staff from the Princes Trust said that the workshop was “unique and people centred” – now, you can’t get much better than that, can you?
Well done Melanie and well done everyone who took part!


If you would like to take part in a New Shoes, Get Started Workshop then visit our website by clicking the link

No comments:

Post a Comment